02 December 2009

We Love Chicks with Balls*

Via NHL Snipers and Total Pro Sports, please, please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch the video below.

So, here's the deal. This girl is the only female on her high school hockey team, and she gets taken down by a couple of opponents. Pretty much everyone on the ice thus participates in a raucous melee, but keep your eye on her: She holds her own like a champ.



*I know, I know: She's actually a chick with a puck. But that just doesn't have the same luster, you know?

5 comments:

  1. Ask me, they all look like girls, swinging weakly with gloved hands....

    In all seriousness, when I was in high school, I played against a team that had a young lady on their team. She got MORE than her fair share of lip. At one point, she got me when the puck came to my feet - I didn't see her coming - and she flat out demolished me. Granted, she had a few inches and about forty pounds on me, but that was one of the hardest hits I've ever taken, including playing in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. That was well worth watching, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome; that's what we do here, point out the scrappy.

    Also, Michael--are you sure this happened the way you described it, or is this another one of your Mila Kunis fantasies? We're just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, my fantasies RARELY include getting hit so hard, my neck hits the ice before anything else does. HA!

    It actually happened. I was embarrassed, but only because the locker room never let me forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That girl's my future wife.

    Nice story Michael. When I was 15 or something the Norwegian women's national team played in the same league as us (I guess it was called Norwegian boys under 15 elite league or something) and they too delivered some smashing hits. Sadly they couldn't really play, so we won both games against them with at least 10 goals

    ReplyDelete