28 December 2009

The one where I recap a game I didn't see

Why? Because we haven't done a great deal of writing around the holidays. The Scrappy Octopus is entitled to breaks, you know? AND the game was on Versus, so we were unable to watch (I'll save you another rant from me on the subject). So onward with my imaginary game recap!

Things I know happened:

Ville Leino said ridiculous shit and acted a fool. Oh, for shame that Mike Babcock, asking you to play hockey. Spoiled fucking baby. Does his contract have a clause which allows the contract to be voided for excessive baby crying?

The Wings lost 1-0 in OT.

Brad May won a fight! Good for him.

Jimmy played well. Steve Mason apparently played better.

The Blue Jackets, prior to the game, traded Jason Chimera for two guys who are terrible. We have watched a fair amount of Caps hockey around here. I cant really say what type of player Chimera is, but um, if he has a pulse, the Jackets made a bad trade.

This I simply assume happened:

Antoine Vermette brought an actual saddle and rode Homer.

Homer giggled like a child at said riding.

Ken Hitchcock stress ate four children.

Mike Commodore stripped down to his unmentionables and rolled around in money at the 7:29 mark of the second period.

Upon seeing the flowing mane of one Valtteri Filppula, 3/4 of the Blue Jackets team questioned their sexuality.

In closing, a 1-0 loss. Damn. That's all I got.

5 comments:

  1. But the Wings got a loser point for being shutout. The many other shutouts this year, they got nothing.

    Progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any occasion when the BJs have 40 shots on goal in a single night is a day when I question my own existence and the fate of the world.

    P.S. I'm going to have to divorce you if you keep badmouthing Ville. Stop being so transparently jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I clicked on the Commodore link. So very wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Versus is also not available to me, so I was in the same position as you and I think your re-cap is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing thhis

    ReplyDelete