01 December 2009

Miscellany

Yep, this blog has sunken to a new level of inanity with such a title. I'm sorry, kids, but we're turning over a new leaf on The Scrappy Octopus today. Since we've been nominated for a blog-off award of distinction or some such, plus we're trying to be uber good for Santa this year, we're putting on our halos and toning down the scrappy.

How about a quick show of hands for anybody who believes that? Ha, that's what I thought. You guys are way too fucking awesome and smart for that.

***

So, how about that game last night? Wings win 4-1, with little to no controversy. I know, right? I shat my pants. But don't feel bad for me. It was gleefully in celebration!

Also, it seems that everybody ever hates Ville Leino, so I don't feel so bad about writing that post blasting his ass. I feel a teensy bit of remorse for asking Santa to deport him, but oh, well. I'd deport my own mama if she did what he's been doing. And, er, if my mom were from another country. (I'm totally American. I have Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" tattooed on my heart. Promise!)

I've been putting off writing this because I haven't wanted to jinx anything or start getting out-of-control excited too early, but your Scrappy Octopi are traveling to Detroit next week! As in, less than a week from RIGHT NOW, we will be partying like rockstars in Detroit Rock City. Holy fuck! I don't even know what to do with myself until then. Before we leave, I'm going to post something random about all the things I hope to do in Detroit (I'll try to keep it PG-13, but I'm really not prepared to make promises I have no real intention of keeping).

***

So, I want to direct your attention to two brand new Wings' blogs: Fight Night at the Joe and Red, White & Black-n-Blue. Andy from FNatJ is a diehard Wings' fan all the way from Norway (awesome), and Christine from RW&BnB is a relative newcomer to hockey fandom (I can relate to that) who shares our affinity for boozing it up while dealing with traumatic games. Both sites are very funny and entertaining and score very highly on my Scrappy-o-Meter, so check them out asap, heathens!

***

Also, I want to take a timeout and thank those of you who have actually voted for this site on the aforesaid contest. From the bottom of my heart, muchos gracias. There are so many amazing Wings' fan sites out there, and to be included among the ones I've read and admired for so long is an honor.

Now, I don't want to encourage bribery or anything, but...if you vote for TSO, we'll have a part deux of the Reader Appreciation Day, featuring BJ's and Levi Johnston and hallucinogens and liquor and who knows what other shenanigans. I have an active imagination, so it's guaranteed to be fun times. (Also, Brian's initials are BJ; I'm not saying, but I'm just saying. Catch my drift?) Anyway, take some time and think it over; the offer is on the table until midnight tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm thinking about printing and laminating this post so that I can get back the warm fuzzies just in case the unspeakable happens and we go back to sucking for more than one game in a row. Pray God that doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Christine. Is it just me, or does it feel like FOREVER since there's been a game? What's an offseason again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the welcome and all your help.

    Haha, two days without a game. Yeah I'm kinda getting abstinences here. (But it's kinda good too, as it allows me on focusing on reading for my international politics exam)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure thing.

    Two days without a game is an eternity. At least you have school work to keep you busy and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless you count Twitter. Which is decidedly the OPPOSITE of productive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha yeah. The uni work is damn hard too, especially since the professor is so retarded I skipped all her classes :S, so it takes quite a bit of time.

    Twitter is one of those things I've sworn to never ever start using (well, I used to say that about facebook too), so I wouldn't really know

    ReplyDelete