22 December 2009

Happy holidays, scrappy readers!

I didn't have a chance to wrap this, although you probably wouldn't notice the difference; my "gift wrapping" abilities are limited to the following items: gift bags, ribbons, confetti, and large bows. Anything more elaborate, including, but not limited to, tissue paper origami and the conservatism of traditional wrapping paper, is way, way out of my league; my gift-wrapped presents look like someone has already unwrapped and rewrapped said presents using the original paper. Not pretty.

We're getting into the holiday mood over here at The Scrappy Octopus. For instance, just the other night, during the second intermission during the game about which we are no longer speaking, I found it extremely cathartic to use my aggression in a productive way, such as DESTROYING dozens of candy canes with a rolling pin and a hammer to make peppermint bark. And the end result was so yummy, you'd think watching Evil defeat Good would be something we could get behind every day. [Insert eye roll/gag reflex/renal failure here.]

Anyway, because Christmas is nigh and especially because I've been holding out on a little bit of magic I have in my possession, I present my Christmas gift to you, my very fabulous and scrappy readers. Thanks for reading and seemingly enjoying the inanity we specialize in over here. You guys are the best. Here's to wonderful holidays for you and yours. (Programming note: Posting may be spotty over here through the new year due to required holiday bullshit; then again, we may blow off the whole family crap and take to ranting on here in lieu of creating cherished memories with our loved ones. You never know what to expect with us. Wild card, bitches.)

Now, without further adieu, I give you the following unequivocal, unparalleled, and unadulterated evidence that Red Wings fans party harder, better, and more awesome(r) than anyone else in the history of the universe:



(I have contributed nothing to the above present other than the obviously stellar drunken camerawork and poorly-stifled giggling. It's all my partner-in-crime, Ballin' B.)

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! Worth the wait! I'm relieved that I can leave town for the holidays without the burden of not having seen the dancing video hanging over my head.

    Natalie, you contributed a lot to this! Without the camerawork, and without your obviously excellent persuasive talents, we wouldn't have gotten to see it, would we?

    And Brian, thanks for going along with this and making your readers happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's what I'm talking about! They'll definitely be happy holidays now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK I JUST DIED OF TOO MUCH AWESOME AND THUGNESS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice, I had to watch it twice. Worth the wait for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My request - I want to be bigger than the "Chocolate Rain" guy. Come on, tell me that isnt better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got to Florida and saw this. It's like waking up on Christams morning to snow on the ground. It's pure bliss (and fuckin hilarious). Nice work B!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, outstanding. I somehow feel as though alcohol was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suspect that rather large quantities of alcohol were involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't laughed so hard since I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SCORE!!! This is the definition of awesome! But now I feel bad that I don't have snything I can give to you that will compare. Unless the Hockey Gods give us all tonight's game, in which case I'll totally take credit and say it was from me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this could be the starting point for something great.

    To Alcohol: The cause of, and solution to, all the world's problems.

    ReplyDelete